Showcasing Robust Solutions for Challenging Applications
Hundreds of visitors to the Hyster® HUB event from 4th – 7th October 2016 in Weeze, Germany, had the opportunity to experience a wide range of Hyster® products. From warehousing equipment to container handlers, Hyster educated guests about how these tough, application centric solutions offer both durability and a low cost of ownership.
“With the opportunity to see so many products and services in action, the HUB event helps customers to see how they can match robust Hyster® solutions to their specific operating needs, regardless of where they sit in the supply chain,” says Kate Pointeau, Hyster Brand Manager. “We’re thrilled that so many customers were able to attend the event and experience a wide range of Hyster® lift trucks and related equipment first-hand.”
Among the many durable Hyster® solutions presented at the event, the Hyster® HUB 2016 included some particular highlights.
1. The Hyster Tracker™ fleet management system was demonstrated to show how telematics can enhance productivity, control costs and optimise a fleet as businesses face Industry 4.0
2. To help maintain a low cost of ownership and provide fuel efficiency, a wide range of solutions for steel applications were presented, including truck modifications especially for the demanding steel industry and attachments for handling loads of different weights, shapes and sizes
3. Looking to the future and Industry 4.0, Hyster demonstrated fully automated warehouse solutions for the first time, including options for tough and durable automated VNA and reach trucks
4. A new, unique Lithium Ion battery powered 8 tonne electric forklift was previewed. Achieving 100% charge in just two hours, this tough electric truck is ideal for most normal paper, timber and steel applications, giving businesses a durable solution with zero emissions and quieter operations
5. Hyster introduced two weighing systems – Static and Static PLUS - that can be fitted to tough Hyster® ReachStackers to obtain a Verified Gross Mass (VGM), as required by the recently introduced SOLAS Legislation
6. Hyster launched its flexible, modular Tugger Train system. Designed to help support Just In Time manufacturing applications, loads can now be transported efficiently to and from the manufacturing line using a wide selection of different trollies
7. Hyster showcased its side battery extract solution for electric forklifts up to 3.5 tonnes, as well as the new Powered Battery Exchange Stacker which has been designed to help give more options for easily exchanging the battery on trucks from 1.5-5.5T
8. Robust Hyster solutions to support the paper and recycling industry were showcased, including an electric forklift truck with a clamp attachment for paper roll transport and the popular ‘Cool Truck’ which helps prevent truck engines from overheating due to dust, dirt and debris in these challenging industries
9. Visitors had the chance to see the work of the Hyster Special Engineering team which adapts trucks of any type and size to meet application-specific challenges, including the multi-tool attachment for a Hyster® ReachStacker, which ensures many different types of loads can be handled using the same truck
10. The Supplier Zone featured a number of leading companies that partner with Hyster to deliver the very best solutions to meet customers’ different needs, such as ELME container spreaders, Shell oils and lubricants, Trelleborg Wheel Systems, and Orlaco specialised camera solutions
“This event has once again provided a vital ‘hub’ for global expertise, demonstrating to customers how Hyster is helping varied applications to thrive, no matter how demanding they are,” says Kate. “With intelligent design and quality manufacturing, the right Hyster® products and related solutions, alongside global support, can benefit businesses and help them overcome their challenges.”
Supported by a global network of local distribution partners with extensive product and application knowledge and geographic coverage, Hyster ensures global support capability to sustain the most demanding operations anywhere.