Hyster-Yale Materials Handling Inc. includes all of its subsidiaries, affiliates and other controlled entities set out in Schedule A (collectively, “HYMH”). This Privacy Statement only applies when HYMH collects and/or processes personal information for HYMH’s purpose. As HYMH is made up of a number of different entities, depending on where you are located and the location from which legal or other services are provided, the relevant entity processing your personal data may apply country or region specific privacy notices. Schedule A provides further detail of country and/or regional specific privacy notices.
Hyster-Yale Materials Handling Inc. Privacy Statement
Hyster-Yale Materials Handling Inc. respects the privacy of individuals and acknowledges that you entrust us to protect your personal information. Hyster-Yale Materials Handling Inc. only collects and processes personal information lawfully, fairly and transparently. This Statement will inform you as to what personal information we collect, why we collect it, how we collect and what we do with it.
Data controllers are responsible for deciding how they hold and use personal information about you.
When we mention HYMH, “we”, “us” or “our” in this Statement, we are referring to the relevant HYMH entity who is responsible for processing your data. Generally, the HYMH entity that is the “controller” of your data is the one with which you have a relationship, including for example:
- as a customer (e.g. the HYMH entity referred to in your purchase order or other agreement with HYMH)
- as a supplier (e.g. the HYMH entity that you have entered into a supplier arrangement).
To keep up to date with change, we recommend you periodically review this Privacy Statement.
This Privacy Statement covers the personal information of individuals who are:
- Associated with HYMH’s customers, including dealers, dealers’ customers, direct sale customers, dealers’ and customers’ employees, sales representatives and other resellers (collectively, “customers”); and
- Associated with suppliers of HYMH, such as suppliers’ employees (temporary workers, staff, personnel, and contractors, etc.) (collectively, “suppliers”).
In this Privacy Statement, the term “processing” means any activity performed on personal information, including, for example, collecting, storing, modifying, transferring or otherwise using it. Notably, this Privacy Statement does not apply to other non-personal information that HYMH may collect or otherwise process.
Personal information is any information about an individual which identifies or can identify that individual, directly from the information or from a combination of information. Subject to the laws and appendices to this Statement, depending to your relationship with HYMH, HYMH may collect and process the following personal information, including but not limited to:
- Identification details – such as your name and date of birth, driver’s license, passport, proof of identity;
- Contact details - address, telephone number, email;
- Financial data – including bank account details, financial history and transaction data;
- Professional details – job title/position, affiliated organization, office location;
- National identifiers – such as social security number or other national/taxpayer identification numbers;
- Analytics - e.g. use of telematics services such as user IDs (including card number, personal number, operator/vehicle monitoring data) and operator training records, and device usage data, any communications created, stored or transmitted by a person using HYMH’s information technology or communications equipment);
- Technical data – including internet protocol IP addresses from website visits, login data, browser type and version, time zone settings, geographical and location data, operating system and platform, internet usage, web analytics tracking (including web pages accessed and visited and pages downloaded), web beacons, email analytics tracking (including whether the email was sent and opened and whether links within the email were clicked) and cookies tracking technology (see https://www.hyster-yale.com/cookie-policy/default.aspx) for further information;
- Marketing communication data – includes your preferences in receiving marketing from us and our third parties, and your communication preferences;
- Information to fulfill contracts and functions of HYMH - contracts, purchase orders, payments, and receivables;
- Other information required to comply with applicable laws, including valid search warrants, subpoenas, or court orders;
- Social media account information;
- Information provided to us during a visit at one of our site locations;
- Recordings in relation to meetings (video, telephone) between representatives of HYMH and third parties;
- Body temperature screening results;
- Information from third party sources and databases (where you have provided consent, or we are otherwise legally permitted to process your personal data); and
- Videos and pictures captured, including through CCTV at some HYMH locations.
Different categories of persons may be subject to additional collection of personal information, including but not limited to:
Customers and Dealers:
- Billing Information (e.g., financial account data, invoices, receipts);
- Client Relationship Management Information (e.g., information necessary to populate a customer’s profile or to facilitate marketing automation);
- Repair and Warranty Information (e.g., repair needs and status and purchase history);
- Customer Satisfaction Information;
- Sales and performance analysis attributable to dealers and their employees; web profiling, cookies tracking technology (web beacons and pixels), online behavioral monitoring and analysis; and
- Email and survey analytics tracking (including whether the email/survey was sent and opened and whether links within the email were clicked).
Personal Information can be collected from customers through HYMH dealers, marketing (directly or indirectly), HYMH employees, accessing HYMH platforms (sales, warranty, telematics) and generally though selling HYMH products and services.
HYMH collects personal information about suppliers directly and indirectly as part of HYMH’s requirement to fulfil contracts and deliver products and services including:
- Vendor due diligence enquiries (credit, reference checks);
- Financial account information (banking details for billing and credit worthiness); and
- Director and employee details (for export control and compliance purposes).
Depending on the applicable local law, some personal information collected by HYMH may be considered “sensitive personal information” (i.e., personal information subject to additional protections).
Anonymized personal information (where information cannot identify an individual) is not covered by this Privacy Statement. However, where personal information is pseudonymized (where the personal information is de-linked to an individual, e.g. by way of a reference number), then this will be considered personal information.
HYMH uses personal information lawfully and for the purpose for which it was collected. We may also use your personal information for purposes not incompatible with the purpose we have disclosed and where permitted by local laws. Generally, HYMH collects your personal information to conduct its essential business operations and services. Examples of use are set out below:
Customers and Dealers:
- Employee and director contact details (name, address, email, phone) - For the purpose of general business relationship management, direct marketing, export control risk management, for contractual purposes to enable execution of orders, to enable sign-on to HYMH’s partner system platforms and offer services by third parties through HYMH platforms, to manage warranty, servicing, complaints or claims, public relations purposes, to inform you about important developments within HYMH and where necessary for compliance, or to exercise or defend the legal rights of HYMH and its affiliates, to manage the promotion, buying and selling of goods or services generally and when using our internet sites, and the transfer of data to execute these transactions and for the provision of training about our products;
- Billing information - To manage the execution of HYMH’s order and billing and for export control purposes;
- Images and videos (CCTV at HYMH locations) – to manage security and safety;
- Dealer employee performance analysis – to facilitate improved sales opportunities and outcomes for dealers;
- Social media personal information – to respond and communicate with you through social media platforms for marketing and informational purposes;
- Questionnaires and interviews - To carry out research and development within HYMH and with its partners;
- Recording of video calls and telephone calls - For quality and assurance and to facilitate communications around products and services;
- To enable HYMH dealers to provide local support through their sales, service and distribution locations (including live-streaming for advisory purposes);
- Tracking of web usage and pixels, cookies, online behavior monitoring, direct email responses - to improve the customer and dealer experience and analysis for sale and service of products;
- Email and survey analytics tracking and responses (including whether the email/survey was sent and opened and whether links within the email were clicked); and
- Profiling/Lead Scoring - to improve communications with customers and to maximize marketing and communications for the sale of HYMH products.
- Contact details of directors and employees – to facilitate vendor due diligence and the supplier relationship;
- Identification and verification of supplier director and employees – to enable access to HYMH facilities and web platforms and for billing purposes; and
- Image, video (CCTV) for visitors – to facilitate safety and security.
We take care to allow access to personal information only to those who require such access to perform their tasks and duties, and to third parties who have a legitimate purpose for accessing it. As HYMH is a global manufacturer, it does transfer personal information to different regions, jurisdictions and to third party processors and controllers for its legitimate business purposes. HYMH has entered into appropriate data processing agreements with its affiliates and third parties worldwide to safeguard your personal information.
Whenever we allow a third party to access personal information, we will:
- take all reasonable steps to protect personal information in accordance with applicable local laws;
- require the information is used in a manner consistent with this Privacy Statement; and
- ensure that the security and confidentiality of the information is maintained.
We may disclose your personal information to the following categories of recipients:
- To our HYMH group of companies, to our authorized distributors and dealers, third party services providers and partners who provide data processing services to us (for example, to support the delivery of our services, or provide support on the delivery, functionality or enhancement of the security and performance of our website), or who otherwise process personal information for purposes that are described in this Privacy Statement;
- To any competent law enforcement body, regulatory, government agency, court or other third party where we believe disclosure is necessary (i) as a matter of applicable law or regulation, (ii) to exercise, establish or defend our legal rights, or (iii) to protect your vital interests or those of any other person;
- To a potential buyer (and its agents and advisers) in connection with any proposed purchase, merger or acquisition of any part of our business, provided that we inform the buyer it must use your personal information only for the purposes disclosed in this Privacy Notice; and
- To any other person if we have lawful ground to permit the disclosure (e.g. your consent).
We use appropriate technical and organizational measures to protect your personal information that we collect and process. The measures we use are designed to provide a level of security appropriate to the risk of processing your personal information. Specific measures we use include:
- The use of https for our websites;
- Access controls to our systems;
- Physical access controls to sites where we process your personal information;
- Employee policies, procedures and training for our staff who handle personal information;
- Prospect information obtained from privacy compliant suppliers; and
- Website encryption.
We will store your personal information for as long as we have an existing relationship with you and/or a legitimate business need to maintain the information and as required by applicable law. Generally this means we will keep your information only for as long as it is relevant and useful for the purpose for which it was originally collected and as long we have an ongoing legitimate business need to do so. Data retention periods are set out in our Retention Schedule. Please contact us for further information related to the Retention Schedule.
When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your personal information, we will either delete or anonymise it or, if this is not possible (for example, because your personal information has been stored in backup archives), we will securely store your personal information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
HYMH takes all reasonable steps to ensure your personal information is correct and you may, subject to local laws, have access to your personal information to correct and/or delete it. The right to access your personal information may be restricted or limited depending on local laws. Such restrictions include legal privilege or the personal information contains the personal information of a third person.
To contact HYMH in relation to any matters relating to privacy and your personal information:
Data Protection Compliance Executive
4.5 Business Park
FRIMLEY ENGLAND GU16 7SG
Associate General Counsel – JAPIC/Privacy
Hyster-Yale Group, Inc.
4000 NE Blue Lake Road
FAIRVIEW, OR 97024, USA
Attn: Privacy - Legal Department
Hyster-Yale Materials Handling, Inc
1400 Sullivan Drive
GREENVILLE, NC 27836
+1 (252) 888 455-6311
If you have any questions about this Privacy Statement or in relation to a request for your access to information, you may contact us at the details above or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Updates to this Privacy Statement
We may update this Privacy Notice from time to time in response to changing legal, technical or business developments. This Privacy Statement notes the date of the document.
This Privacy Statement describes how we will handle personal information. In case of any inconsistency between the English-language version of this Privacy Statement and its translation into another language (if any), the English-language document shall control.
Policy Effective Date: May 2018
Policy Last Reviewed: August 2021