Andalusia and Badajoz, Spain
Repsol YPF is an international integrated oil and gas company, operating in over 30 countries. It is the world leader in bottled gas and in 2005 ranked third in the world for LPG distribution.
Repsol YPF is an international integrated oil and gas company, operating in over 30 countries. It is the world leader in bottled gas and in 2005 ranked third in the world for LPG distribution. In Spain, Repsol Butano distributes LPG in bulk and in bottles.
Repsol Butano has a long standing relationship with Hyster and its local distribution partner.
For specific operations where flammable gas could be present in the atmosphere, Repsol
uses the latest ATEX 94/9/EC compliant Hyster equipment for operation within zone 2
potentially explosive atmospheres (ATEX 1999/92/EC).
How did Hyster Help?
- Provided a total materials handling solution across several sites
- Assisted in providing a fleet of ATEX 94/9EC compliant high capacity Hyster forklift trucks, utilising Pyroban technology
- Provided superior support through the local distribution partner, with engineers trained to maintain the Pyroban explosion proof equipment, in accordance with ATEX
The equipment is required to operate daily for 2 shifts of 7 hours in high ambient temperatures, in zone 2 potentially explosive atmospheres. The fleet of trucks includes:
Internal Combustion Forklift Cushion Tyre
Internal Combustion Trucks, cushion tyre
The Hyster® Fortens® range of compact LPG and diesel forklift trucks are feature rich and have been developed specifically for high lift applications in confined areas. These compact forklift trucks deliver high levels of productivity, operator ergonomics and dependability.
- Productivity has been optimised thanks to the dependability of the Hyster Fortens trucks
- Legal requirements have been met in accordance with the ATEX Directives, thanks to ATEX compliant explosion proof Hyster equipment
- The risk of explosion has been effectively managed, by utilising Pyroban explosion protection technology, which has been applied to the Hyster equipment. All sources of ignition have been eliminated so that the equipment can operate in a hazardous area
- All explosion proof equipment is maintained in accordance with ATEX by engineers fully trained on Pyroban explosion proof systems
- Basic daily maintenance checks can be completed in less than 5 minutes and servicing time has been minimised thanks to easy access to components, particularly the engine
- Increased performance efficiency of the new diesel engine delivers low fuel consumption and reduced emissions
- Hyster’s patented DuraMatch Transmission System offers a number of unique features, that contribute to extended brake and tyre life. The Auto Deceleration System (ADS) automatically slows the truck down when the accelerator pedal is released. The transmission also features Controlled Power Reversal (CPR), which allows controlled direction changes, reducing tyre spin, which also extends tyre life. Through reduced wear in these key components, truck downtime and service intervention can be kept to a minimum
- Enhanced operator comfort and reduced fatigue for the duration of a shift are delivered thanks to the ergonomically designed cab, which features a fully adjustable seat, armrest and ample leg room. Noise and vibration levels are low, providing a comfortable operating environment, thanks to the drivetrain being isolated from the frame
- Maintenance is straightforward and economical due to the standardised fleet, with easy service access and superior support from Hyster and its local distribution partner