- Productivity has been increased thanks to the multi-pallet handling capabilities delivered by some of the trucks, which feature double and quadruple pallet handling attachments that allow larger loads to be transported at a time. This has led to quicker loading and
unloading operations and has reduced both product and truck damage
- Damage has been further minimised thanks to the load weight sensors fitted to the fleet, which allow the operators to manage and monitor their loads more effectively
- Visibility over taller loads is aided by the raised operator compartment featured on some of the trucks
Plzensky Prazdroj is the leading brewery in Central Europe
Czech Republic’s largest brewery, Plzensky Prazdroj, produces a number of beer brands including its flagship, Pilsner Urquell. It is a member of Asahi Holdings.
Before approaching Hyster Europe, Plzensky Prazdroj faced several materials handling challenges, including sourcing specific rental equipment during seasonal peaks.
Hyster has supplied Plzensky Prazdroj with a fleet of forklift trucks.
HOW DID HYSTER HELP?
- Helped to increase productivity thanks to the multi-pallet handling capabilities delivered by some of the trucks
- Provided a range of tough, durable materials handling equipment to reduce maintenance costs and improve reliability in the intensive stop-start operation
- Supplied equipment on a 5 year full-maintenance contract
- Helped Plzensky Prazdroj effectively manage operations during seasonal peaks with additional standby and seasonal rental trucks
Exporting to over 50 countries, the robust and reliable Hyster® equipment is required to help with production and distribution. The materials handling fleet, includes:
- Use of storage space has been optimised due to the manoeuvrability of the S7.0FT Fortens® Spacesaver trucks, which feature a high lifting capacity of 7 tonnes on a shorter wheelbase than the standard H7.0FT Fortens model
- Low cost of ownership is delivered by Hyster’s reliable trucks, even in intense, stop-start operations that can be tough on brakes, tyres and other components. Patented Hyster® DuraMatch transmission helps to reduce tyre wear and oil-immersed brakes are virtually maintenance free helping to drive down lifetime costs. In addition, the engines and transmissions feature protection systems
- Fleet uptime is optimised by resident engineers supplied by Hyster’s local distribution partner, who carry out routine maintenance and provide quick resolution of any service issues. All Hyster® equipment is supplied on a 5 year full-maintenance contract
- Effective management of operations during seasonal peaks is achieved thanks to the 14 standby and 15 seasonal rental trucks provided by Hyster and its local distribution partner
- To enhance efficiency and help manage and optimise the entire fleet, ensuring the right trucks are being utilised and allocated appropriately, Hyster’s local distribution partner introduced an online fleet management system