JUBAIL, SAUDI ARABIA
S.A. TALKE's Hyster materials handling equipment fleet consists of over 32 units
S.A. TALKE is part of the German TALKE group, a Logistics Service Provider for the chemical and petrochemical industries. S.A. TALKE represents the group in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
S.A. TALKE group provides supply chain solutions including transport, packaging and storage, complemented by a wide range of added value services focussed on the logistics of chemical products.
The engineering, construction and ownership of logistic facilities is an essential element of the core business, and supports the group’s position for outsourcing in the Gulf region, be it integrated within the production facilities or at an off-site location.
How did Hyster Help?
- Worked closely with its local distribution partner to supply dependable tough trucks supported by a reliable service to support a 24/7 operation
- Provided the equipment on a full service contract, including standby replacements and a team of technicians to ensure the 95% availability target is achieved
- Operator forklift truck training was conducted and provided through the local distribution partner for S.A. TALKE’s 100 plus operators
The Hyster materials handling equipment, which includes counterbalance forklift trucks, forklift trucks with Push-Pull attachments and ReachStackers, is required across the site for loading, picking, palletising, storing, transferring goods, and stacking the containers. The materials handling equipment fleet of over 32 units includes:
- Efficiency has been enhanced through the dependable and reliable range of trucks from Hyster
- Enhanced performance and reduced downtime is delivered thanks to the 24 hour, on-site maintenance crew, which helps S.A. TALKE to effectively manage the equipment and improve overall efficiency
- Driver productivity is enhanced, thanks to the ergonomic design of the trucks .The Fortens trucks, for example, feature comfortable adjustable seat and armrest and excellent visibility
- Maximised operator performance is achieved thanks to the Hyster ReachStacker, which offers class leading lift speeds and excellent visibility from the sliding “vista “cab which offers enhanced driver comfort
- A strong partnership has developed between S.A. TALKE, Hyster and the local distribution partner, thanks to the dependable, tough equipment, excellent level of service and dedicated local support, including driver training
- Reduced expenditure is delivered through a reduction in tyre wear, thanks in part, to the electronically controlled DuraMatch transmission and the low maintenance oil immersed brakes, featured on the Fortens trucks
- Efficiency has been increased at S.A. TALKE thanks to reduced lifting equipment costs at Jubail Port and faster handling capabilities featured on the Hyster equipment