MILNGAVIE, SCOTLAND, UK
Hyster space saving trucks feature solid tyres and specialist paper handling attachments
The Saica Pack operation in Milngavie, north of Glasgow, first opened in 1951 and manufactures corrugated fibre board packaging.
The 36,720 m2 facility produces a range of products from simple cases to complex structural packaging designs, with high quality flexo print (up to six colours with multi point gluing).
It serves the Scottish whisky industry, other renowned Scottish branded products and the food, drink, electronics and industrial sectors.
How did Hyster Help?
- Provided suitable equipment that is space saving, yet offers high load capacity
- Supplied LPG powered trucks that are suitable for indoor and outdoor use
- Provided forklift attachments and paper clamps to handle the paper rolls
These space saving trucks feature solid tyres and specialist paper handling attachments
- A reduction in the costs incurred through damage to paper rolls is achieved by the excellent manoeuvrability in tight spaces delivered by the Fortens S2.5FT space saver trucks, which offer a 2.5 tonne lift capacity with the advantage of just a 1.43m wheelbase and 500mm load centre
- Efficiency levels are enhanced thanks to the Hyster® Fortens®S5.5FTS trucks, which is one of the smallest and most manoeuvrable trucks available with 5,500kg lift capacity
- A cleaner working environment and reduced carbon footprint is achieved through the use of LPG engines, which are also suitable for both indoor and outdoor use
- Productivity levels are enhanced by the reliable and tough Hyster trucks, which have proved to be well suited to the demanding application. The Hyster trucks are crucial to maintaining the production of 28 Million m2 of cardboard a year
- Uptime is maximised thanks to the consistently good service provided by the local distribution partner